I have a cb24b it started blowing the F9 7.5amp fuse on back side of dash as soon as I turned key on. So I unplugged computer put new fuse in and it didn't pop. Power off , plug in one side of computer and turn key on, still good. Power off, plug other plug in, power on and it pops fuse. Chase wire harness down thru some hyd hoses on back side of hyd tank , by fuel tank fill, found 5 wires total rubbed thru on 2 hyd hoses into the metal wire in hose. Repaired the wires, plug everything back in and it still pops the F9 fuse. Can someone tell me what wires I Repaired? Wondering if it fried computer when it shorted out wires while machine was in use. PURPLE WIRE 614-H10 YELLOW A364-H29 PINK 151-H47 BLUE 159-H45 GREEN P878-H15 Or a wiring diagram so I can search if someone has any info. Thanks
You only had to ask. Check your messages. If you want to get into retrieval of Diagnostic Codes/Events you will need someone with ET. There is no way of doing it from the Monitor Panel that I can see.
Ok thanks, I kinda wanted to see what wires rubbed thru and repaired before I take next step.
Do u have any idea what this code is? Machine will crank but I have no power to fuel pump.
You need this...........
I gave up, I dropped it off at CAT , I was getting frustrated. Wiring diagrams were perfect, I had someone in office print it out on the jobsite plan printer lol 4x3 made it easy to find wire numbers and follow the wires. Thanks
Update as of Friday, Cat diagnosed it with bad ECU, not sending power to other half of fuse box and not powering up fuel pump. Only ecu is in Belgium I'm told 4-6week wait ♂️
In those circumstances I think I would look at doing a temporary tie-in to the other side of the fuse box while waiting for the replacement ECM. If you run it through a sufficiently large inline fuse it ought to be safe enough.
See what they say today for time frame, we dont really need it at this point, one job just finished and we have 3 other rollers we can shuffle around if needed