Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat cb24b ecm

rsheets · 2022-10-05 07:11

The engine ecm has failed on a cb 24 b roller I am working on. Cat can't find one anywhere. Does anyone know of a company that might be able to repair this one or maybe have an aftermarket one for sale.

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2022-10-05 07:43

    Do you have a Part Number for the ECM you’re looking for.? If not post the machine Serial Number and I can look it up.

  2. #2rsheets2022-10-05 08:08

    the part number is 439-0291 . thanks for looking

  3. #3Vetech632022-10-05 08:17

    Are you positive it has failed? How was this determined?

  4. #4rsheets2022-10-05 08:23

    i followed all the diagnostic procedures, twice. double checked the harnesses and all the connectors. then had Cat field service come out and check it again. They confirmed what i thought and said the ecm is not responding.

  5. #5Nige2022-10-06 08:10

    439-0291 was replaced in 2014, first by 444-7918 and finally to the latest number 478-1711. I assume the last number was the one the dealer was trying to source for you. Unfortunately this module is only used on a couple of C1.5/C2.2 industrial engines and small compactor engines like yours, that's why it is apparently so rare. I can't see one anywhere.

  6. #6rsheets2022-10-06 16:07

    Thanks for looking, I guess its just gonna be a wait until they find one.

  7. #7Nige2022-10-07 12:21

    I've put a few requests in. Have to wait and see what the responses are.

  8. #8rsheets2022-11-15 15:20

    just to follow up, Cat dealer found an ecm, installed and flashed it. Machine is up and running.

  9. #9Nige2022-11-15 15:27

    Glad you finally got sorted.