Hello everyone. I’m looking at a D3 ser# 79U2973, can anyone confirm what year the machine was made for me? I called my local Cat dealer and they said they can’t find anything in the computer on it. The ad says it’s a 1975, but it also says it’s a D3B not a D3. The serial plate clearly says it’s a D3. The machine looks from the pics to be in good shape for the age, just curious about the year. Thanks. Tim
79U prefix is a D3. If it was a D3B the S/N prefix would be different. Also D3B production did not start until around 1979. 79U production started in 1973 so a 1975 YOM for this particular machine is quite probable. Someone else will be able to date it more closely I'm sure.
Thank you Nige
That would be a 1975 model.
OM is right, it's a D3, built in 1975. Production numbers in that year were 79U2049 to 79U3048.
Thank you very much for your help.
Great info, thanks again to all three of you guys for your help.