Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 850C Injector Pump leak from front plug

nfrost · 2023-05-01 15:21

Hi. This is my first post. I joined the site a few months back after acquiring a Case 850C dozer and have been lurking and pouring over every post I can find about case dozers and track loaders. I want to say thank you to all who have posted with their Case dozer-related questions/answers as you have guided me through inspections, cylinder rebuilds, fluid/filter changes, gauge replacements, leak repairs and becoming familiar with the gearmatic winch on the tail end. I was told that this dozer sat for 3-5 years after the previous owner passed. After performing the above-mentioned work, I have put 2-3 hours of run time on it and am VERY HAPPY with it so far. I performed the stall tests as outlined in the service manual and it passed while running like a champ. It has a Bosch injector pump on it P/N: 9-400-230-035 (PES4A95D320LS2612) that has developed a leak from what appears to be a 9/16"socket head plug on the radiator end of the pump. Upon initial inspections, it looks like I would be able to remove that plug with a short allen wrench while the pump is still on the dozer. I realize that I may need to wait until @thepumpguysc sees this and hopefully he'll answer, but my question is is can I remove that plug, apply some sealant on the threads and re-install without screwing anything up? I do have the full service manual and parts breakdown for this machine, but neither show pump details at the component level. I appreciate any guidance anyone has and thank you again for sharing your knowledge. I hope I can get to the point where I'm able to contribute soon. Edited to add: this machine fires up instantly at the push of a button and seems to run very well with plenty of power. Although I'm no expert, my gut is telling me that if I can stop the fuel leak around the threads of this plug, it would be good to go and that a complete pump reseal/overhaul would likely not be necessary.

Replies1
  1. #1thepumpguysc2023-05-02 01:17

    I’m pretty sure it’ll be fine to remove and reseal it w/o doing any damage.. It’s been a while but I think there’s a copper gasket on the bottom of that hole.??