Hello All Does anyone know where to find a parts manual for a VPAT blade for a D3K? I have tried searching parts.cat.com for VPAT using the D3's serial number but the search returned nothing. Also a search of catpublications.com found nothing for the D3 VPAT. I am looking for the part numbers for the lower pivot bearing assembly. Thanks in advance Phil
Yes. The parts manual will be on SIS
Thanks but shouldn't any manuals on SIS be also available on catpublications? I don't have access to the SIS system.
I honestly can't say for catpublications. I have never used it. Your blade will probably have its own serial number stamped on it. Try using that.
Two things, as Cmark says the blade most likely has a serial number of it's own, I start by looking for a tag on the back side of the blade on the right side of machine. Not sure on the small machines but the bigger ones the "tractor" is one thing, blade another, and the hydraulics are another also. The other thing is serial numbers are very critical with Cat equipment. To just say D3 would be like saying here in the USA that you live on US Route 20. Route 20 from Boston Mass. all the way to the West Coast just short of the Pacific Ocean! 3,237 miles total! Anyone looking for me, I'm just 3 miles north of Route 20, can't miss it!
Hello Thanks for the reply. I am well aware of the importance of a serial number for parts reference. Cat aren't the only one where this is critical. In my first post I stated that I had tried using the dozers serial number to find info about the blade to no avail. I should have mentioned the serial number is missing from the blade. Also the parts manual I have for my D8 covers some 15500 serial numbers so I hoped there would not be too much difference between an early D3K and a later one. Any how it looks like a trip to the nearest Cat dealer is the next step, it's only two kilometers west of the M1. Regards Phil
Do you have a Serial Number for the dozer..? If the blade that is on it right now is original then it may be possible to find some details of it from the build records of the tractor.
Does this illustration bear any resemblance to the parts you're looking for......?? If it does please give me the machine Serial Number and I'll go digging deeper to get 100% correct info. This is for a VPAT Blade to suit D3K tractors with S/N prefixes JTD, FFF, & LLL. It may not be the only option that exists.
Hello Nige Thanks for your help but the Cat dealer has sorted it all out. Regards Phil