CAT D 330C Serial # - 4B1888 Industrial CAT Injector nozzle number - 7S8722 I have this motor running my sawmill.At about 3 hours into the day number 4 nozzle decided to start dumping fuel. Needless to say this made the motor dance around and knock some and created 3 very excited Amish people. Because when they tried to shut it down, it did not want to stop. After removing all the nozzles; I discovered they were all loose on the piece they thread on to. Are these just hand tight and install or should be tightened to a certain torque? And what is there a torque for the retaining nuts? Thanks for any information that you may provide.
Short answer is yes, they are hand tight. Retaining nut is 105lbf.
Thank you for the information. I need to convert 105 lbf to foot pounds?
Just my lazy way of writing lbf-ft. (A foot pound is a unit of energy)
'# Yah? LMAO... Nm, Kg/M those are easy, why is foot pounds so hard to abbreviate?