Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D3B, cant find part number on pcc

NMBlackBetty · 2024-11-03 16:57

We have a cat D3b, serial 27Y01619. I have searched pcc (parts.cat.com) to no end tying to find the throttle control group for the cab station and cannot hit the mark. Hoping some of you smarter than me folks can point me in the right direction. I want to replace the whole assembly, from where it connects to the lever, to the deceleration pedal and the engine. Pics below.

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2024-11-03 17:39

    I'll take a look tomorrow but TBH with a machine of that age the best recommendtion I can give you is to get hold of a Parts Manual. The Cat Publication reference is SEBP1252 which suits all 27Y-prefix D3B tractors amongst others. Here's a link to a genuine OEM copy on eBay .

  2. #2NMBlackBetty2024-11-03 19:13

    Thanks Nige, I threw the old parts manual away about 6 years ago when every time i had a part number from the manual, i called cat, and they told me it was the wrong part number and they didnt have a reference number for me. PCC has usually served me well but every once in a while i come across something i need that i just cannot seem to find part numbers for. I'm hoping i can buy the whole assembly as a group here to cut down on part numbers.

  3. #3Nige2024-11-04 04:32

    I find that hard to believe. Cat Part Numbers never "die". Even if a Part Number is updated the system has a link from the old Part Number to the new one, however many times supercession takes place. More likely the dealer parts counter just couldn't be bothered to make the effort to look up the changes......... Working on your governor control/declerator group, but I can tell you now it is not likely to be sold as a group under a single Part Number because that's not the way it works. You will be in for buying a load of individual part numbers if you buy new. The only way to get a complete assembly would be from a machine that is being parted out.

  4. #4Dave Neubert2024-11-04 07:55

    6s8967

  5. #5NMBlackBetty2024-11-04 08:56

    Thanks Dave, I copied that into PCC and it said no results found. Is that the old parts number from the manual?

  6. #6Nige2024-11-04 10:05

    No, as I mentioned above, it’s because 6S8967 is a GROUP and is not sold complete, only as separate parts. I need to check further because I don’t see 6S8967 listed under your Serial Number.

  7. #7NMBlackBetty2024-11-04 10:30

    Thanks for all your help. As much as I would love to just get the part numbers and order the parts, I'm glad it wasn't that easy to find. If someone would have just replied with the part numbers right off I would have felt like it's time for me to hang it up and quit working on old iron.

  8. #8Old Magnet2024-11-04 11:09

    Seems I just answered that same question here... HeavyEquipmentForums

  9. #9Nige2024-11-04 11:58

    See attached. It covers all 27Y machines from first built up to S/N 2518 and is in two parts. In the same way as the 6S8967 it is a Group and must be ordered as separate parts.

  10. #10Welder Dave2024-11-04 17:09

    Is there a parts list for the twist grip throttle that replaces the std. gear shift? It might be easier and less money to convert.