Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D3B Simple question

AllDodge ยท 2013-05-07 17:28

Have a CAT D3B S/N 27Y1 Japan model. Trying to find some manuals for it and its not running. Got it cheap so it will be a project dozer. The throttle control on the left operates the lever on the injection pump. Simple question : For all those that have operated a D3B how do you turn the fuel on and off so it can be started/stop?

Replies9
  1. #1wosama931b2013-05-07 19:21

    Hi AllDodge, If its like mine, twist turn to right shuts to detent, twist turn to right to increase power, And a drain under fuel tank, to remove any water or trash. sam.

  2. #2wosama931b2013-05-07 19:24

    wo wo, i mean twist to left to shut down, fave fun , sam.

  3. #3AllDodge2013-05-07 20:12

    I was working the handle and I thought if it worked like that it would be real easy to shut the engine down accidently. If I push hard the the left it slips pass somthing and then opens the throttle again. Probably just real worn parts. Sure could use a OP manual. Thanks much.

  4. #4Lindsey972013-05-07 22:28

    call local cat dealer and get an operators manual, for your serial number machine. it wont cost much, and it will have oil change intervals and capacities in there as well.

  5. #5heymccall2013-05-07 22:40

    These guys want $44.95 for the Operator's Manual (O&MM) http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/CTOD3B23Y1_3014.htm Ironically, the genuine Cat O&MM can be had for $39 (paper) or $32 (CD) here https://www.cattechmanuals.com/Default.aspx The service manual is (I think) a SENR7911.....There is one on ebay right now for under $300.

  6. #6wosama931b2013-05-08 08:19

    Hi AllDodge, I had a loose linkage on mine, had to take the cover plate off and tight up the connection. Also the cable to the fuel control may need some adjustment. sam., make sure the bracket is not bent, the one at the fuel control.

  7. #7Dr. Dozer2013-05-08 08:33

    e-bay is a great place to find manuals at a reasonable price. I get quite a few from there and save alot of $ that way.

  8. #8AllDodge2013-05-08 08:38

    Thanks much to all, I'll do some checking and pick up a manual. Have an account with CAT but not with the manual link. May need to make a call and get it setup.

  9. #9AllDodge2013-05-08 15:08

    Had to fully extend the adjustment on the cable but the de-dent now works. There is all kinds of play in the control handle linkage. Appears the bearings are almost gone, and the U-pattern slot is really worn. The previous owner must have pulled it for everything they had and wore out the slots. Looked up the parts a CAT and if I get it running then guess I start replacing some of the linkages. Throttle/Shift Plate Injection pump