Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 450G trans issue-lost reverse

Mackat ยท 2013-05-09 01:12

While running my machine yesterday I heard a hissing sound, the blown hydraulic line sound.Shut it down right away and check fluids/look for leaks.Everything checked out so I restart no sound everything seems ok Then I get a rattle sound which was the trans filter lines shuddering.Shut down and change the filter(250 hrs on it)Its packed and smells burnt Initially I did not smell the dipstick as the fluid appeared clear.I already knew things were not looking good at that point.20 min later I had no reverse under load.Im figuring now that I cooked the clutch it packed the filter and the hissing sound I heard was the bypass valve kicking in.All fwd gears are fine I can spin the tracks but reverse wont get me up any incline.Im 200 miles from my service book and would like to bring the trans home I have the cover off the manifold disconnected but Im not sure on the output shaft disconnect...Can anyone help?

Replies0

No replies yet.