Hi, Looking at a Cat d3c lgp 1993 for sale here in the UK. Seen it on a for sale web page, looks good with a fresh coat of paint. Would like some feedback on this model dozer, it is not the hystat version. Would appreciate peoples opinion on this dozer, are they a good machine, what are they like in wet conditions with the lgp tracks and any other plus /minus reviews ? I would find it useful on a bit of light dozing, plus the machine is fitted with a ripper valve and I could possibly convert a tipping trailer to haul in wet conditions. Thoughts please . Robo
Nobody got any experience on one of these dozers. Are they to much of a "baby" dozer to be considered ?? Robo
ROBOPLANT FORGOT TO TAKE HIS MEDICATION AGAIN, they are a great little machine and the machine has a very light footprint if it is LGP and yes the extra valve is useful for what you want. Do you have any particular questions about it? However the paint does not make a good machine . do you know what to look for when buying a machine?
D3C lgp Wsw, feeling great not on any medication , thanks for your concern!! I think you should reread my post again I am simply asking for opinions on the DC3 lgp good ,bad indifferent any issues etc. Not been a dozer man myself just thought this maybe a good place to open the debate on the machine and it's capabilities. I have bought many machines in the past and paint is last on my list of concerns, having only seen the dozer for sale online I wanted members views before I took the time to go and see it. Wise cracks like yours don't help nothing, though it may big you up in some weird way. Robo
:notworthyMedication or not, D3 is one terriffic little machine. Lots of push for the size, not bad on fuel. The D3C's have longer track the the straight D3's or 3B's. Also have three speeds foreword and 3 in reverse, something I felt was lacking on those models. Provided I could determine it was in good condition, as in oil samples and undercarriage I would buy one in a heartbeat if I was looking for a machine in that size range. If fact that is what I would go looking for in that size range.
we've been running them for years, they're great little machines and we really haven't had any major problems with any of the units we've had. In fact we just bought a new D3K and we love it. At one point in time we had a Deere 450 in the mix (which is also a nice machine) but we've gone back to D3's.
Thanks Greg and Andoman, That's the sort of info I was after. Sounds like the Cat d3 is pretty much sorted and possibly a leader in it's class. I will have no problem checking track condition and general overall condition, I'm not up to speed on oil samples though ,I guess it's something more specific to dozers. Is it the oil samples in the transmission , final drive that are checked or do you check for engine oils too ? I usually go on the look and feel of the oil and listen to the engine. This Cat d3 must be worth a look.