I friend asked me to look at this machine today. A light on the dash said check codes. I had to pull the cover from over the box and saw the buttons. I figured out how to get to the code section and got the following: F324, F3K3 and F3L3. Can anyone tell me what these mean? Thanks
F324=FNR Switch F3K3=Right hand motor shift solenoid F3L3=Left hand motor shift solenoid If the fourth digit of the diagnostic trouble code number is (0, 2, 3, or 5), a open circuit, shorted circuit, or no feed back is indicated. Do not attempt calibration. See diagnostic trouble codes. If the fourth digit of the diagnostic trouble code number is (0, 2, 3, or 5), a open circuit, shorted circuit, or no feed back is indicated. Do not attempt calibration. See diagnostic trouble codes. If the fourth digit of the diagnostic trouble code number is (1 or 4), a calibration error or circuit failure is indicated. Access main menu and select DIAG in transmission controller. Compare calibrated values to real time values! If values don't match RECALIBRATE. Hope this helps!!
Thanks for the post Deereman. So the first code that ends in four indicates a problem is a circuit or a calibration error in the FNR switch. The other two have to do something with the steering. Could this be a problem in the joystick controller, say a harness connector or something loose under that control? Thanks again!
I took some pictures of the computer the other day for general interest. The computer on the Deere dozers are on the left in back of the transmission and steering control lever.
looks like a 99 or 2000 model. Im no expert by no means but something between the solenoid and controller is shorting, frayed or loose or ? I don't remember if the 650 are set up the same as the 750c's but 750 tend to have some trouble with the speed sensors on the drive pumps or drive motors acting up. In your case in might be the solenoind? I haven't been in the shop lately as much as i would like to keep a heads up. Let me know what you come up with!
Geez John, that puter don't look too good. When is see stuff like that, here about codes n stuff, i start to get the willies. My skin starts to crawl and i get that "please make it stop! " :crying feeling. Then I check my insurance and start thinking naughty. :naughty Good luck with that one.
A follow up to the problems. The owner of the machine called the local Deere dealer who sent a wrench out to check it out. The first code was active while the second and third codes were stored. He told my clients that he found a pin not seating correctly in one of the harness plugs and when he got in the right place everything was OK. He also stated that it is not uncommon to have faults come up when the machine has been sitting for a long time. Anyway I'll go out next week sometime and check the machine again. Thanks to Deereman for your replies and suggestions.
Not sure how you made out. But I have a f324 code on my dozer it will run on half throttle for a few min then just stops doesn't shut down just stops any idea
The F324 code indicates a missing CAN message from the Transmission Controller Unit (TCU). The Throttle, and the Decel, are inputs to the transmission controller which in turn broadcast the throttle position signal over the CAN to the Engine Control Unit (ECU). You can try calibrating the TCU. The throttle potentiometer might be out side of the calibrated value.
I have a early 2000 jd 650h that wont move with sevice code reading F9C3, anyone know what the problem is?
Yair . . . I know I am beating the same old drum, but this bull-****e is beyond my comprehension. That's a computer to run all the functions on a freak'in dozer? . . . and it's got pins in there that can seat incorrectly? I mean, if you have to have it wouldn't it make a bit of sense to put it in a dust/spill proof enclosure . . . what happens if someone hits that thing with a pressure washer. I could go on but words fail me. I just can't understand how the industry has allowed manufacturers to come up crap like this. Cheers
i you have reinforces my worst fear, any chance it is repairable? thanks for the reply.
Somebody....(not one of the major manufacturers) is going to make a fortune when they make a machine without electronics.
After reading your post , I too have a F9C3 CODE on the dash and a F311 on the controller ... machine runs well but will not move what was your final outcome
Did u ever figure this out sbfarmer