I have a D3G Ive had for years. Started having some sudden loss of speed and parking brake engagement issues. Code sent me to the left speed sensor. Had an employee to pull the rear panel and sensor while I was gone after the new one. He ended up removing the solenoid instead of sensor by accident. Put solenoid back in and then pulled sensor and replaced it. Dozer back going but the tracking is somewhat erratic. Tracking forward or reverse, the dozer will not track straight. It will almost "wobble" while tracking and do it worse at some rpms than at others. Cat calibrated it and said it took the calibration but it doesnt seem to have to me. Then I explained it was still doing it and they claimed the output from one final was more than the other. I just find it hard to believe that it was a non issue before until the solenoid was accidentally removed and the sensor replaced.
Bumping this back up
Can you post a Serial Number.? Also did Cat give you a copy of the Product Status Report after they did the calibrations.? In fact what calibrations did they actually do.? Do you have a copy of the Work Order.?
I would have been ashamed to tell a customer one final had more output than the other. They should have at the very least checked charge pressure and drive pressures at stall.