Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D4 electrical problem

Hillsbilly · 2023-05-25 05:35

Machine: Cat D4H PIN : *8PB03400 Arrangement Number 8Y0500 Engine: 3204DI Serial : *45V82234* Arrangement Number 7E2301 I seemed to have lost power to my console. The water temp gauge stopped fluctuating as I was running my machine so I stopped to take closer look and my console lights weren’t working either. I checked voltage off the alternator while I still had the engine running and had 26volts off the alternator and 14 volts at each battery. When I stopped the engine and turned the key to the off position I could hear the typical contactor “clunk” disengaging. When I turned the key back to the run position the typical contactor “clunk” is absent not allowing the engine to start again. Does anyone have an electrical schematic as well as any helpful troubleshooting tips?

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2023-05-25 11:22

    I can help with with an electrical schematic. Troubleshooting tips maybe not so much. Kudos for posting the S/N BTW.