Hi folks, I'm looking for a carb for a 1961 D4 my friend has. He took the carb off and lost it. He's 80. I can't find one on the internet. We are quite rural. If anyone has any info it would be very appreciated. The serial # on the dozer is 40A2312. From what I can gether it is a Zenith Carb. TU4C 1036. Thanks in advance for any help Bryan
I just googled "1961 cat d4 carb" and plenty of hits came up. Even older John Deere carbs interchange. BTW, nice screename.
They used a few different Cat part numbers for the 40A but the correct part number for your s/n is a 4M4312 which is a Zenith #12441 and yes it is a Zenith TU4C model and the Zenith repair kit number is a 1036.
Try John Parks at General Gear & Machine 733 Desert Wind Road Boise, ID 83716 Vc. 208 342 8911 Fx. 208 342 8999 He has a salvage yard with a good selection of older stuff like that
Thank you guys for the help. Got a call into John at General Gear and Machine. Also found one on Fee bay for $450.00. Rebuilt. Bryan