Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 850 Project Blade Stabilizer

jlittle2212 ยท 2015-03-16 21:45

Just wanted to share a few pics of my project for the next day or so. The blade stabilizer has busted off the original factory plating. Someone had previously tried patching it where it cracked, but you see what we have now. I will post more throughout the project. I will be replacing the plate and cutting off the old pin fits and weld them to the new plate. Then make a few more modifications on the push arm!

Replies5
  1. #1Deere tech2015-03-16 22:45

    That's a lot of welding! Where on the blade/ blade frame is that? Its hard to tell from the picture.

  2. #2jlittle22122015-03-16 22:52

    That is on the inside of the push arm. Where the blade stabilizer arm hooks up! I will get some better pics up tomorrow of the progress.

  3. #3jlittle22122015-03-18 22:51
  4. #4Deere tech2015-03-18 23:45

    I get it now, I saw the engine side covers in the background of the other pics and was trying to place the part on the machine. Now that I see that the side drawbar was removed and sitting on top of the tracks I now know what I'm looking at. Good job on the welding! looks like you still have a little more to go.

  5. #5jlittle22122015-03-19 22:14

    Thanks! Got it back in the rock! I will take final photos tomorrow.