Is there anyone here familiar with a '70's era( I don't have the exact year) Cat D4 dozer transmission? A friend of mine has one that is acting up: 1. It takes a while to warm up before it will move. 2. When it is in neutral, it is still in forward or reverse depending on if the shifter is leaning toward the forward or reverse side. It never gets to neutral. The fluid level is good, and it looks clean. It has been sitting for a while. I think it is a hydraulic or internal transmission problem but that is as far as I can go. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Dt
D 4 Power Shift? Engine Running .. Can all the detents on the shifter be felt in all ranges..If not check linkage Next step..pull transmission oil filter and magnetic strainer Iron or steel pieces or parts..transmission problem Bronze pieces...clutch failure Brite steel pieces..pump failure Aluminium pieces..torque converter Rubber pieces..seals, o rings or hose failure