Hello all, I have been lurking your forum and have found quite a bit of knowledge here. I hope that some of you can and will help me. Recently purchased a 1999 CAT d4c xl. 1. There are 2 buttons that i am uncertain of their function so I am hoping someone can explain what they do. 2. The fuel gauge does not work. when key gets turned on it drops about quarter of an inch. any idea on what it might be any suggestions. tyring to attach photos of the buttons so hopefully it worked thanks for any and all help chuck texas
no idea about the top button but the bottom one is actually a circuit breaker not a button. obviously its for your electrical system but not sure what part it actually protects......
thanks for the response Dingo. Any idea about the fuel gauge?
the blue one is your main circuit breaker, and the other is either the horn or a speed control switch they put on the later models
I am fairly sure the red rocker switch is a horn.
huh?.....on a powershift? I think you maybe talking about a hydro and the selector on it is on the joystick Pj
sorry mate didnt see the part about the fuel gauge. id be looking at the sender unit in the fuel tank. make sure the arm going into the tank has the float on the end still. i have seen these floats eaten away. otherwise check the wiring from the gauge to the sender unit....
Ground the center wire on the tank sender. The gage should then peg at max. If it does then the gage and wires are good and the sender is bad.