I bought a 1987 Cat D4B, and hour meter does not work. I hooked power up to it directly, and it works fine, but it's not getting power through the harness. So, my question is, where does the hour meter get the 12V supply from? I've traced it from the meter into the harness, but can't figure where it comes out at. Thanks in advance, Dan.
b + Switched. Hello. It comes off the "accessory" circuit from the ignition switch. From there it connects to the terminal block and fuses. At that point it goes to the junction in the harness and out to the hour meter. If you are trying to trace colors, have fun, it is not consistent. :Banghead First look at the accessory circuit, it is not needed for proper operation of this machine so except for a dead hour meter you might not notice. There is a another circuit for "Ignition" off the switch, be sure to look at both.
Thanks, that's actually what I have done in the mean time, and it works fine. I'll just keep it that way.