Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D4C lgp blade hydraulic issues

Alejo99 · 2021-10-05 08:54

Hello everyone! I bought a D4C LGP and I’m having issues with the blade . When I use the blade lever in full motion sometimes the blade will function very slowly . When it does that I bring the lever back to neutral position and then I go half way and the blade operates quick as it should . This happens with all functions of the blade except when putting the blade down . And this issue does not happen every single time . I also put the blade down and it lifts the machine all the way up . I checked the linkage and everything is tight and connected properly. Any help will be great appreciated. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Dave Neubert2021-10-05 17:50

    sounds like a sticking relief valve or a damaged one unfortunately you have to pull the hyd tank and split it to get to valve can you plumb in a gauge to see what your pressure is

  2. #2Alejo992021-10-05 18:22

    ok and what exactly do I have to split ? And I can work on getting a gauge to test the hydraulic pressure . Where do you recommend I connect the gauge to test the pressure ? This is my first dozer , and first time working on one , so I’ve got a lot to learn about this machine mecanically. Thanks !

  3. #3Dave Neubert2021-10-05 18:29

    You have to remove the hyd tank and split it you can look at he pressure line from the hyd pump and see if there is a port or tee a line in on the cylinder on the up side

  4. #4Courtouise1232024-12-13 19:30

    I had same issue 2001 D4C hystat. Slow blade functions. Would start to move then stop, but if you moved the controls slow it would work. Checked pressures would go up to around 500psi and stop moving if the controls were moved fast. If moved slow pressure would max out at around 1000psi. Problem was the relief valve part #9T-7638. Works perfect now.