You guy´s on here are such a wealth of knowledge so I was wondering about this I need a new stud in my spring assy but my parts book only shows a screw type spring system. My dozer has the hydraulic type. Is the stud in the screw type (PN 9H7537) the same as in the hydraulic type? Or if there is a different PN do you have it so I can order. Thanks for your help.
It is not visible on your photo but what is the Group Part Number at the top of the page..?
Now I left my parts manual at my shop. This is the quote received from my parts guy. "9H7537 - Qty: 1 - N/A (Replaced by 1x 9K5053 @ 57.50ea + 1x 1B4334 @ 1.26ea)" Seems there is a replacement part number. I´m still not convinced it´s exactly the same part. I would hate to order the wrong part since it takes 10-14 day´s for delivery to me. Here is the old stud. The bolt pattern is completely corroded away.
Close as I can get you on a US 82J off the same era. Completely different arrangement.
Unless your parts guy knows something I don't I am not 100% certain I agree with him. 9H-7537 is shown as being used in the 1G-2355 Idler Group of all tractors S/N 58J1 and Up. It is still available to buy, I found one available in the US. If it had been replaced the system would have automatically told me so and given me the new Part Number(s) as applicable. 9K-5053 + 1B-4334 is shown as being used in the front idlers of all tractors 44H, 59J, 60J, 82J, 83J, & 84J1 & Up. The problem is right now we're not even sure that 9H-7537 is the correct Part Number for your machine.
Great, thanks Old Magnet & Nige. The parts warehouse I deal with are not really suited to advise. Actually I think my guy is probably in India . But that doesn´t matter I just give them a part no. and they send it and they are cheap. I think for sure the 82J parts schematic that Old magnet attached is the one that I need. So Bolt 9K5446 is the one that I need. Can you look that up for me Nige, is it still available or does it also have alternate part no?
9K-5446 still available in the US - no Part No. change. Cat Price $100 approx. Have you tried Offroad equipment for parts for your vintage of machine..? They have helped a lot of people on HEF. http://www.offroadeq.com/
Regal shows the 9K5446 for $42.46.
Thanks for the parts shop reference. May need it sometime. Here are the quotes from my guy. " Walter, No problem at all. Here is our pricing 9K5446 - BOLT - IDLER - NEW AFTERMARKET - $37.95/ea 1B4334 - NUT HEX 1.1/4 - NEW AFTERMARKET - $02.50/ea 6H7768 - SPACER - N/A 5K1686 - PILOT RECOIL - ALT PART NUMBER: 2V9025 - NEW AFTERMARKET - $37.95/ea If everything looks good, let me know and I'll work on a shipping quote for you. "
Good prices, where do they ship from?
in your picture ,is the old recoil spring still under tension ??
6H-7768 available from Cat but it's $110. Try OffRoad Equipment for it.
They ship from Boston MA. I don´t know if this site considers it advertising if I give out the name. I´ll send you PM with info & anyone that asks for it. Yes d4c24a, it´s under some tension but the spacer is welded on the other side so it will not give. Still I handle this thing like a nuclear bomb, scared of things like that.
Nige yes offroad is $109 It´s ok, I don´t really need the spacer, just thought i´d get a new if it´s not to expensive.
Regal says $81.95, Off Road says NA.
Others may correct me here but I think you have to set up an account with Offroad before you see their customer prices, if not all you see is the Cat dealer price. To get past the Cat price and see what you would really pay requires either registering (which I obviously haven't done as I have no intention of buying parts from them) or a phone call to Offroad.
I agree with the 9K5446. Iceflyer, if you look in your parts book for a page with "adjustment group" or simillar, you should find it under part number 6H7759, which updates to 9K5446. The adjustment group is an "attachment" which means it wasn't a standard fitment from the factory. By the way Nige, Oldmagnet, do you guys have 58J on your SIS? Here in APD land it isn't listed. I'm using 22C.
I drew a blank on that as well. I think OM has a paper Parts Manual covering the 82J prefix which is as close as damnit to the 58J.
I was using my serial number X ref book.
Do you have a Cat Publication Number for that book..?
Sure. SEBF9451.
Yes, I am going by paper manual with the 82J. 22C is the correct equivalent to the 58J but I don't have parts book info.
This is the reply I got from Offroad when I tried to register: "Thank you for your interest in OFF ROAD EQUIPMENT PARTS INC. We do not export, in order to set you up in our system we require a USA or Canada address, if you cannot provide one, we can refer you to a partner company that sells our inventory as well as their own. They would be able to provide with export documentation." But nevermind. The parts are already ordered from my regular supplier. Thanks again for all your help everyone :thumbsup
Thanks Cmark. Finally remembered to check my parts book better and of course I found the Hyd track adjust under "attachments". Thanks for the pointer
Yes right Nige. Have to have an account. I was able to register via a warehouse US address I have. And the prices from offroad are actually very good. The supplier (Getaxisparts.com - I hope I´m not violating some forum rules regarding advertisement. If so I will remove the name immediately) I normally use had the part for $37.95:
also try in TREK is based in Dallas Tx is where i buy all my undercarriage parts