Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d4d 78a water pump 2s4697 belt driven repair kit question

CaptainB · 2025-03-25 23:06

Hello again So the hydraulic cylinder rod is fixed but now the water pump bearing failed, I removed the water pump it says 2s4697 I used the search function here and got the parts diagram and I now know the repair kit for this water pump is a 5s-3351 I would like to know if this repair kit includes the bearing which according to the parts diagram should be 1b4107 if I’m not mistaken Should I buy both the bearing and the rebuild kit for the pump? It’s belt driven most rebuild pumps I can find online are gear driven here is a photo Thanks for all the advice I got on my previous posts

Replies2
  1. #18V712025-03-25 23:32

    5S-3351 Kit

  2. #2CaptainB2025-03-26 10:41

    wow thanks!!! I will order the kit and try rebuilding the pump thanks