Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d4g

Moonlite · 2022-04-10 18:46

Ser hydo2415. Is the orfice tube located at evaporator core? If so is it accessible without pulling the cab. I tried to look up orfice tube in the cat parts catalog, but apparently they call it something else or I’m doing something wrong. Can look up other stuff. Just not that

Replies5
  1. #1shopguy2022-04-10 19:11

    Try expansion valve

  2. #2Nige2022-04-10 21:11

    The system on the D4G is not an expansion valve system. The orifice tube is located inside the accumulator and is not serviceable. In systems where the orifice tube is located inside the inline dryer it is often serviceable, but you don't have that type of system. You need a 186-6190 Accumulator.

  3. #3Moonlite2022-04-10 21:29

    Thanks for the help.

  4. #4Moonlite2022-04-29 16:36

    Well gotta pull the cab on this one after all. Got new compressor, condenser and accumulater. Was flushing system out and I can’t get anything through the evap core.

  5. #5Moonlite2022-05-18 18:23

    Well there is an orfice tube in the evaporator core.