Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D4H direct drive

Hugh McIntyre ยท 2017-03-18 00:06

Having a little issue with the clutch pedal on my dozer not coming all way out unless I pull it out with my foot, anyone had this problem Cheers

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2017-03-18 06:30

    First suggestion would be to lift the covers/floor plates, etc, then clean & lubricate the linkage - disassemble it if necessary but make sure that you don't disturb any of the threaded rods for the linkage adjustment while doing so.

  2. #2Hugh McIntyre2017-03-18 06:33

    Will give that a go thanks for your reply

  3. #3DB22017-03-18 21:06

    D4H direct has a foot clutch ? I was unaware. What serial number?

  4. #4CatToy2017-03-19 08:39

    I think they came in both direct drive and powershift configurations, early direct drive tractors have a 2AC serial number prefix, later ones 4NK prefix. I owned one of the powershift LGP versions, really liked that dozer, hated to see it go. It really did not have the HP to push much dirt but the LGP track sure would take you anywhere you wanted to try. I used it to push muck out of ponds and to rough grade areas. OP - You will never go wrong doing what Nige tells you, he will save you a lot of time and frustration.

  5. #5Hugh McIntyre2017-03-20 16:03

    Thanks a lot fellas appreciate it

  6. #6DB22017-03-20 22:01

    I just can't imagine a CAT without a hand operated master clutch