Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wiring diaram for 3054 E caterpillar

mattyt1984 ยท 2017-03-18 16:55

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a A caterpillar 3054E serial 30400747 order # 499342. i bought this as a power unit and the wiring was cut off just before the ignition and RPM toggle switch I have no idea what wires control the throttle.

Replies14
  1. #1Nige2017-03-18 17:57

    I have one. Drop me a PM with your email address.

  2. #2mattyt19842019-04-27 19:56

    Thanks for sending that. I do get fuel to injectors but it is low pressure. Could you tell me what sensors I need to just make the engine run? I also assume I need all positive and negative going to feed to ECM as well. Any help would be appreciated.

  3. #3Nige2019-04-28 05:28

    You'll need the following supplied with power and/or signals from them to the ECM. Not knowing exactly where the wiring was cut I don't know how much of it you may already have on the engine. Data Links ECM Fuel injection Pump Pressure Sensors Throttle Position Sensor. The attached may help. I'm assuming that the required throttle position sensor will be a PWM type, they usually are.

  4. #4mattyt19842019-04-28 08:01

    Thanks very helpful. Am I able to purchase the electronic service tool? Or is this a dealer only item?

  5. #5Nige2019-04-28 09:47

    If you are referring to Electronc Technician (ET) you can buy a customer version of it but you may find the price a bit eye-watering especially because you have to buy an annual subscription to keep the program functioning.

  6. #6Xim832020-11-24 11:26

    I'm lifting old thread. Is it possible to get an wiring diagram for Cat 3054e ECM itself? We have a Caterpillar 315c Tracked excavator. The ECM burned down so it is impossible to read out pars numbers inside the ecm. Or can somebody have an access to send me some closeup pictures inside from their ECM so my erectrician can identify parts.

  7. #7Nige2020-11-24 11:40

    There are no wiring schematics for the inside of any Caterpillar ECM available on the Cat service system AFAIK. The options are companies that repair ECMs or a Reman unit ($1450 approx.) via the Cat Parts System. That's about it.

  8. #8Xim832020-11-24 11:52

    Woohoo Nige you are like caterpillar god here In a good meaning! The ECM is at a company whos fixing that kind of stuff here. They are struggling of fixing it. What is the Cat Parts System? How to order from there? This is the last option but would be good to know.

  9. #9Nige2020-11-24 12:07

    OK, now maybe you are in deeper problems. If the ECM has been opened up to try to repair it then it would not qualify as a Core against a Reman part. All parts have to be original and unopened to qualify for return as Cores. From the engine Serial Number it appears as though the machine S/N is ANF00791. The engine/hydraulic ECM Part Number is shown as 157-3165 ($1925). See below. The Reman Part Number is 20R-2315. It gets worse. 157-3165/20R-2315 and both unprogrammed. That means they have no software installed. That would be an additional cost by the dealer for software installation.

  10. #10Xim832020-11-24 12:32

    Wait a minute now. There are two separate units. The engine/hydraulic ECM (157-3165) That is situated behind the cabin is ok. Problem is with the control unit siting at the side of the engine. Pictured up.

  11. #11Xim832020-11-24 13:03

    On the picture it looks more like that part https://parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/221-1018

  12. #12Nige2020-11-24 13:59

    Sorry about that. So it's actually considered to be part of the fuel system - that's a twist I haven't seen before....... #25 below. Part Number 221-1018, priced at $3,650. No Reman option offered, and to add insult to injury it is also blank so it will require a dealer installation of software at additional cost. v

  13. #13Xim832020-11-24 14:21

    Not your fault! We have here in Europe strange caterpillars. On that ecm it stands made in UK. So its probably some kind of local stuff.

  14. #14Xim832020-11-25 03:20

    Probably should start a new thread, but for that money I could buy a new overhauled Perkins engine. Question is how difficult is to replace that stupid electronical pump with manual pump and overthrow all that stupid electronics?