Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d4h pivot shaft

bluetick · 2018-11-21 07:13

I am looking at a Cat D4H series 2 with worn out pivot shaft on the right side, left side appears fine. I think I am using the right terminology, it’s the support directly below the final drive. How much am I looking at cost wise. Would like to do the repair myself.

Replies5
  1. #1truecountry2018-11-22 22:09

    what serial number or part number

  2. #2Dave Neubert2018-11-23 11:41

    If pivot is wore you can weld it up and have it machined or get a used one replace the bushings and seal

  3. #3John C.2018-11-23 13:44

    Depends on how much wear is done to the bore in the track frame. The pivot shaft is the easy part.

  4. #4Dave Neubert2018-11-23 15:27

    If the track frame is wore past the bushings then you will have to have it welded up and have it line bored

  5. #5PEVO2018-11-26 09:52

    had the exact same problem. Unbeknownst to me at the time (newbe owner purchase for farm and playing around on). Its not a money maker...and may be used a 100 hours a year. Anyways i couldnt justify spending the monies to fix it the right way being that the UC is 70-75% wore out. So i ghetto fixed it myself, for pennies vs. thousands to do it the "right" way. I figured what the hell, it's already fubar...can't make it any worse. So far its holding up fine. ....well after i find out where im getting diesel into the engine oil ill put some more hours on it...but thats a story for another day. MY fix is linked below HeavyEquipmentForums