Hello folks. I have a Bulldozer D4H série II, with engine 3204, 1986, 8PB00451, but the engine is sick, I do not if to fix it, so I wondering me, I have a engine 3304 from other D4, can I fit this engine 3304 to my dozer D4H. ?
What is your 3204-engine doing? Has anyone tried to troubleshoot whatever issues it has yet?
Hello Vetech, Yes it is blowing back the oil, for the turbo compressor, we are sure that we need to rebuild it..and it is getting a blue smoke too.
8PB06219 @ 5Kish hours.... On my D4Hseries II, it would blow exhaust smoke out the oil filler tube. And the oil light would come on at idle. Turned out that the valve guides were sloppy, and the soot had partially blocked the oil pump inlet screen on the pickup tube. New valve guides and seals, along with new oil pickup tube cured it.
It should fit as the D4H Series III had the 3304 from new. You could buy the parts book off Ebay for a Series III and compare the engine mounting to your Series II parts book and see what's different.
I will to open the engine 3204, I am coming back with some pictures.
Guys I just stripped down my engine,
Guys one picture more
You can replace that oil pick up tube immediately. Who in the hell would punch holes in that!? From what I can see you have a dead cylinder, the bottom one in the pic. Is that a break in the piston wrist pin or is it my eyes? You need to remove a few bearings and take pics of those.
Looks like the con rod bushing coming out the side.
I have not idea, who punched this pick oil tube, I have bought this baby working fine but, after some hours arounds 100hrs with some issues,, and this one it is a surprising me. And you are right the piston there in this point was broken,
Hey guys I have a question, just now I am doing the assembly of my engine 3204, the bearing in the crankshaft, I have changed the engine block and I have realized I can move this easily and the old block I could feel some kind of pressure in the crankshaft bearing, I have saw later some gap between the bearing and the block please see the pictures, I wonder if I could get any issue for this??? Do I need to do something with this, or just to check the tolerance with the plastic gauge, between the bearing sleeves and the crankshaft..?? Any suggestions mist be highly appreciated Dany
The main bearing caps should fit snugly in the block. If they are loose, or you can wiggle them before you install the bolts, then there is a problem which will lead to a failure. Someone in the past likely has not assembled it correctly or has used mismatched parts from another engine
Did you install it in the right direction?
Yes I did it, in the right direction
So what is your valued advice, ?? The mechanic told me the same some fails can come later, and other mechanic told to use the plastic gauge and check the tolerance if it is ok so I can go ahead.. I would like to know your point of view..
I have a video done but here I do not know how upload the video.
Are you using the main caps from a different block? Bad Bob
Yes, I have changed the block the old one was not good in the cylinders, so I have bought one used block, and installed the main caps to this..
Did the used block come with main caps? If yes Are those the ones you are using? Bad Bob
Not It did not, I have used the mains caps from the old one, on this..because the block came without this..
There are different caps used on 3204 blocks so you have to use the caps that match the block you are using. There are also at least 5 different size main bearings for that engine. Bad Bob
So how Can I know which one fit with my block..??
Well, you don't. What you are trying to do will never work. The main caps are match to each engine block via a line bore.
Yes, but I was checking the part number of the caps main for the 4 different block of 3204 and it is the same...
You cannot post videos directly on HEF. They have to be uploaded to a host site like YouTube. After doing that, copy the YouTube URL and post it here.
The main caps are machined and fitted to each specific block at the factory during the manufacturing process. Replacement caps might be available but would require an engine machining shop to machine them to fit the block and then be line- bored to the proper inside diameter. Did the seller not have the specific caps that were from the used block that you purchased? They should have been included with the block. If you can get them it will be the cheapest and best way to solve this problem.
So are you meaning these line in the bore should be make match between..??
Thanks for the information
I am sure this is the way more easiest and cheapest for me, I will go back to the seller and try to find the mains caps from the block purchased to him, if it still is loosen so I will go to workshop and machining.