Looking at purchasing a 2005 Cat D5 G XL HST for pushing brush and general ranch work. How were these machines?
They are my favorite small dozer to run. I would take one over a k series, the g seems to be heavier and have a little better snort. I am not certain how they hold up long term but haven't really heard bad things about them.
I have a 4G for the same things and like it. Have never felt underpowered, just under weight. Was looking to buy a 5 then, just couldn't find one. I do have sweeps, and highly recommend them for such work. I don't have any kind of brush guard on top of the blade and wish I did. Will roll saplings up over the blade and they get tangled up and hard to get out.
Thank you
Thank you
I also have a 2005 D5 G XL. Have had it for a little over a year. had a couple of small problems at first but got those fixed and it has been great. Like driving a Lexus after having a JD 450 C and an old Cat D7- 17A in the past.