Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D5B converter problem

Chinote ยท 2024-03-04 13:04

Hello, good morning, from Argentina, I have a problem with my cat d5b 25x, it works for 2 hours and stops pulling. The converter was repaired, and it remains the same, the pressure in the filter is 380-400 psi when cold. The pressure at the inlet to the converter at low revolutions is 0 and 80 psi at high revolutions. Before repairing the converter it had the same pressures. greetings

Replies4
  1. #1Old Magnet2024-03-04 16:01

    That's a little high, specs are 65psi +/- 10 psi. Seems problem is elsewhere.

  2. #2Chinote2024-03-04 16:21

    Thanks for the response, can you provide me with the pressures for this d5b? I don't know precisely what they are, I thought that 80psi at the converter inlet was too little.

  3. #3Old Magnet2024-03-04 17:18

    As requested.....

  4. #4Dave Neubert2024-03-05 08:03

    Have you cleaned the magnetic strainer