After much pain and misery, I finally was able to replace the track adjuster seals on our D5C Hystat- working by myself it was a monumental task-- Long story short, if anyone is interested in the details, or may be considering doing this repair, please send a pm and I will respond. I did have the shop manual procedure, but I found I had to remove most everything to get the front of that grease tube to pivot out and away from the frame so I could see what I was working on- I've read where some say you can just pull the idler yoke and then dig out those seals-- I say NO way- to do that is like building a "ship in bottle" approach. This machine has the solid single piece grease tube and frame crossmember obscuring the view, and I found it physically impossible to work on those seals without first getting that tube in a position to see the front of it and have direct access to those seals. I'm posting pics for the first time- hope it works
Yeah if you don't mind send me what you have on it, [email protected]