Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D5G Brush Screens Interchange Between Cab And Open Station?

D3DaveC ยท 2012-04-10 07:46

Would anyone know if the brush screens on the G series Cat interchange between cab and open station machines? The dealer doesn't seem to know and new ones are too pricey. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2012-04-10 11:23

    I'm surprised that the dealer couldn't figure it out unless they were too lazy to try. Brush screen for a machine with an open ROPS cab is 184-1621 (rear) & 184-1623 (sides). Officially there is no front brush guard for an open ROPS as there is nothing to fix it to although I'm sure anyone ingenious with a welding machine could knock something up. For a machine with a cab the numbers are 190-1220 (rear) 190-1190 (sides), & 190-1195 (front). Above numbers are for any machine of WGB, RKG, FDH, & FDW prefix. From what I can see even down to the level of individual guards the numbers are different.

  2. #2D3DaveC2012-04-12 09:57

    Thanks Nige, I have a rear screen but would like the side window screens but they are $800 each so I will have to make my own. I found a complete set of screens including door and front window which had been through a fire but it was for the open station D5.

  3. #3Nige2012-04-12 11:25

    Dave, All I'm saying is that the screens for the 2 types are not a DIRECT replacement. Not having seen them it's difficult to say if one could be adapted to fit the other, i.e. cab to open ROPS or vice versa. I get the impression looking at the Parts Manual that the ones for an open ROPS are shorter front-to-rear than the ones for a cab, because the cab ones have to wrap round the door hinge area. Although it could be nothing more than the relative scale of the 2 drawings. PM me with an e-mail address if you want the parts lists.