Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dynamic Blades.

Scrub Puller ยท 2012-04-06 03:28

Yair . . . There's an old thread on here about the "Viking Powerdozer" . . . essentialy a horizontal conveyor attached to the front of a dozer for side casting. It seems to work well enough although it wouldn't be cheap what with the auxilliary power-pack running the hydraulics. With all the pipe line work going on hereabouts I hear there is a bloke experimenting with a clip on gadget that is set at an angle and just runs unpowered disks . . . probably sixty inchers of a Rome or Savannah plow. They are set up to deliver dirt from one to the other across the width of the cut. In effect it is a dynamic grader blade and should move more dirt quicker than a standard angle blade . . . I believe the application is backfilling gas pipe trenches with a large wheel dozer. This is not new as I discussed such a setup with Cat. back in the 'seventies. There was talk of trials on a grader but I was in no position to come up with a prototype and my enthusiasm waned. It does work. On our little Circle Worker machine it is far more efficient at levelling than a standard blade. If it is of any interest you can get a bit of an idea of the set up here . . . these are twelve inch discs grading at four and a half miles per hour with a two HP electric motor http://www.maddelinternational.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84&Itemid=81 I'm pretty chuffed that some one may have ressurected the idea. Cheers.

Replies0

No replies yet.