Have a 2004 D5G that started to jerk/jump/buck in forward or reverse with no stall or reduce of rpms. Also you couldn't raise or lower the track speed sometimes it would stay at a certain level, then when you stop switch directions you could raise the track speed. Also running on flat ground notice that it would move slowly to the left, like that track was turning just a little slower than the right side. Any ideas would be great!! Tech is out for 3 weeks.
I have been told they are finicky with the throttle adjustment also I believe you can do a calibration if you have Et
I don't have a ET need to get that, because I have heard the same thing about recalibrating the dozer. The tech we have in the area is out for 3 weeks to look at the equipment around here, so it would be a good idea to get the software. I have pulled the RPM sensor which had some rust and small metal flakes on it, so I ordered a new one to see if that might be the problem also. The one thing that gets me is that some times you can't raise or lower the track speed, I am hoping it's not a wireharness issue or ECM issue. Thank you for the input
Battery good? Alternator charging correctly? Like 14 volts or better. Those little machines are super sensitive to voltage. An alternator that's deemed acceptable in most situations might be just weak enough it will drive the computer crazy. I've seen it with me own eyes lol. Check alternator output and see if you can tell how old the battery is or load test if you have the means. Also, check your cables, grounds etc. Might not hurt to look around for any obvious harness damage as well. Somebody may have left a half eaten candy bar in there and when Mickey got done eating that he ate some harness to settle his stomach....
Junkyard, well I tested the alternator and it was producing 16.1V and load tested the batteries which also tested fine. Started to trace the harness and looking good so far. We will see what the final out come is, ordering the CAT ET tonight.
16.1 is a high voltage , is that just after startup ?
No, and your right it's is to high I wasn't thinking when I checked it had been up for more than 30 hrs was a little foggy headed. The whole problem is that regulator is stuck wide open so the ECM and sensors are getting too much voltage to them, which is causing the machine to freak out.
Start by repairing that, you do not and you are chasing phantoms.
The high voltage is probably your culprit.
Well change everything out, batteries, rpm sensor, alternator and wouldnt you know still was acting up. Was able to get it scanned and turned out to be the right track speed sensor was bad. Got one coming tomorrow morning so with a little luck this will be the end of the issue for awhile. Thank you to all for y'alls input will update tomorrow.