Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D5H

Leeballs · 2025-04-07 18:04

Hi all. I am wondering if someone with SIS or a manual can provide the service information for rebuilding the transmission and steering clutch/brake packs on a D5H. Serial number is 4KD, thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Mquinista2025-04-08 07:52

    Hy , did that not so long ago... Brake/clutch packs are easy going... just document disaaasembly and put it toguether same way... reseal pistons and O rings , takes 1 hour tops, if nothing damaged besides frictions and seals. TXM is a litle tricky to diassemble/assemble , special tooling is needed or tenacity and good skils. Look carefully to satelite cariers specially if bearings are ok, frictions and seals , some seals are tricky to install, they may be cut when pressed in. sorry i did it without books, had no problem.

  2. #2Leeballs2025-04-08 14:15

    Unfortunately I have been tasked while assembling one that was stripped down years ago so I think a manual would be handy. Wish me luck lol.

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-04-09 00:59

    Might need the complete serial number to get the correct manual.