I've got a cat d5k2 xl Serial# cat0d5k2tkww01017 The blade is angled all the way to the right and is trying to pull it further to the right like the hydraulics are stuck in that position. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? I have pulled the shuttle valves and looked at the resolver seals and cant see anything just curious if anyone else has had this happen before
1 of 2 possibilities that I can think of at this moment. Either you are getting a constant electrical signal to that side of the control valve....or your main control spool is hung up.
Do you know which one is the main? And which one is the angle? Thinking the main one is the one on the inside
I pulled the spools and really didn't see any trash or broke seals etc. as far as I could tell. It is constantly bypassing you can hear it at the control valve and at the cylinder. The one that's bypassing at the control valve is the one in the back if your standing at the track looking at it. When I work the angle button back and forth it sounds like it try's to stop the bypassing noise but not much at all and only for a second.
I would check this electrically first if I were you. Unplug the solenoid and see if it stops loading the hydraulics. I'm not sure exactly on yours, but I believe there is the electrical solenoid valves that control the output to shift the main spools. If a piece of trash gets in the solenoid it will not allow it to open or close. I have had the joysticks fail and those solenoid valves. Did this happen all of a sudden? Or has this been acting up recently over time?
I have unplugged all the solenoids one at a time and all at once none made any difference. This happened once about 3 years ago one of the cylinders I cant remember if it was the right or left scraped the sides of the tube and put a little metal in there we removed everything all lines control valve etc and flushed I'm sure we didn't get everything but that's been over 2k machine hours ago. This time I can't find any signs of trash. I think my com 3 for et has taken a crap because I can't seem to connect to check inputs/outputs from the stick. I haven't checked the cylinder yet but just not sure if that's where it would be. Do you or anyone happen to have sis mine dosen't work either. For a schematic on the control valve?
This is ALL pertinent information you need to disclose in the original post. Without this knowledge we can lead you in the wrong directions. You may need to repair your connection problem first
The possibility exists that an electronic fault is causing both the symptoms in the hydraulic control and the lack of communication.
Ok yes sorry I'm working on getting my com 3 to work now
I thought my message went through earlier this morning. Anyways I got ET back up and running. No active or logged codes. I can unplug the solenoids and it comes active. Outputs from the roller switch on joystick are working. Implement pilot psi solenoid shows it is working. Unplugging right or left angle one at a time or at the same time changes nothing. Bypassing really seems to be coming from the main valve with the pilot pressure solenoid. The large hyd. Tubes on each end if the control valve get hot
I ended just pulling the relief valve it seemed to be a little stuck I moved it back and forth a little by hand I could not see any trash but not sure what else it could have been. But it is working at the moment going to get the hyd. Oil topped off and recalibrate the joystick. Thanks everyone that helped out