Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D5M LGP. ECM Help

termz87 ยท 2020-07-19 17:45

I had to replace the electronic control group. I got a reman. Part number 10R-5894 but I can't find the flash file I need for it. So right now I'm stuck until I find which one I need.

Replies4
  1. #1Cmark2020-07-20 03:10

    With a machine serial number a flash file part number could be found, but it won't help you much as it's a dealer only download. The only DIY method that I know is to find a local independent mechanic who possesses both a knock-off version of Cat ET with a dealer license AND a friend who works for a dealer who would be kind enough to download the file and give it to him. You may be able to take the display to your local Cat dealer and get them to program it on the bench. If you bought it from them and ask nicely they may even do it for free. Otherwise it will be a field service callout.

  2. #2KateMT2020-07-21 14:49

    What year is it? Do you know the numbers of original flash file? Maybe I can help.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2020-07-21 16:09

    Serial number please

  4. #4Tyler d4c2020-07-21 16:13

    Also your dealer can install the file on the bench bit it will need to be calibrated in the machine. That is how I did it on the last one I did.