Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D5N XL

Catalin92 · 2021-10-19 15:12

I come with a problem to d5n xl of 2006.The engine goes well, does not smoke, starts well, but when you put it in charge the speed drops to 1400-1500rpm and has no force,the filter has been replaced. I attach the errors displayed in the board. 030 -1096.03 -1271.05 -1324.05 -1819.02 036 -1273.03 -1273.04 113 -1168.03 -1672.02 Can you help me? Thanks.

Replies35
  1. #1Nige2021-10-19 15:41

    030 is the Monitor System. 096.03 - Fuel Level Sensor - voltage above normal 271.03 - Action Alarm (Warning buzzer) - voltage above normal 324.05 - Action (Warning) Lamp - Current below normal 819.02 - Cat Datalink - Data erratic, intermittent, or incorrect. 036 is the engine 273.03 - turbo outlet pressure sensor - voltage above normal 273.04 - turbo outlet pressure sensor - voltage below normal 113 is the Transmission Control 168.03 - Electrical System - voltage above normal 672.02 - torque converter output speed sensor - Data erratic, intermittent, or incorrect. How many of those Codes are Active.? When I see Codes for FMI03 & FMI04 for the same sensor I can't believe they are both active at the same time. When you scroll through all the Codes look on the Right Hand side of the display window. There is an icon "SERV CODE" that will only light up if a Diagnostic Code is active.

  2. #2Nige2021-10-19 15:42

    Exactly which filter(s) did you replace.? Air, fuel, etc, etc.?

  3. #3Nige2021-10-19 15:45

    This is what the SERV CODE light looks like.

  4. #4Catalin922021-10-19 23:43

    Multumesc pentru raspuns. Am verificat și singura eroare care apare CODUL SERV este prima eroare a nivelului de combustibil (096.03).

  5. #5Catalin922021-10-19 23:44

    [QUOTE = "Nige, post: 1003463, membru: 23972"] Exact ce filtru ați înlocuit.? Aer, combustibil etc etc.?[/COTARE] Toate filtrele de combustibil.

  6. #6alaskaforby42021-10-19 23:51

    Hello Catalin, Looks like your posts are coming through in Romanian, I’ve translated them over to english, good luck on project! “Thanks for the reply. I also checked the only error that appears in the SERV CODE is the first fuel level error (096.03).“ ‘’All Fuel Filters”

  7. #7Catalin922021-10-20 00:01

    My bad. I write in English, but google chrome translate again in Romanian. Thanks for answer.

  8. #8Nige2021-10-20 05:11

    Based on the fact that the fuel gauge is the only Active Diagnostic Code I do not think you have an electronic problem. Does this happen in all three gears both in the forward direction and also in reverse.?

  9. #9Catalin922021-10-20 05:44

    This happens only when it is put in the load harder, when the blade is full, when moving goes well with any gear speed. Is it normal to leave the place with 1.5 gear??

  10. #10Nige2021-10-20 05:55

    I would have said 1st gear (1) would be better than 1.5 but I suppose that it would depend on the ground conditions. Is the transmission oil level correct.? Is the oil dark and cloudy or clear and bright.? Does the oil smell burned.?

  11. #11Catalin922021-10-22 08:41

    I believe that the oil level at the transmission is correct. Meanwhile I checked the fuel pressure and I had 4,I replaced the return valve and now I have 6bar,but still does not work properly. I noticed that the moment I accelerate this bulb turns on in the dash and stays on, maybe it's a link

  12. #12Nige2021-10-22 08:55

    It is defintely relevant. See below.

  13. #13Nige2021-10-22 08:57

    Can you please double-check the Active Diagnostic Codes (SERV CODE illuminated) to ensure that there is nothing you missed before. I would expect that Fault Light to be accompanied by a Diagnostic Code for some component related to the engine.

  14. #14Catalin922021-10-22 09:07

    Now I do not show the errors, appears only 3f 23miles,3r 5 and repeat. I'm disappointed.

  15. #15Nige2021-10-22 09:33

    Turn on the key and allow the display to power up. Press the "Test Switch" (#7) once, the mode that is shown in the display will change. Each press of the switch will change the mode by one. You should be able to scroll through all the modes, from the hourmeter reading to the Diagnostic Codes and everything else in between. Please can you also confirm the transmission oil level (it should be measured with the engine idling and the transmission in neutral to get a correct reading) and also if the transmission oil has a burnt smell or a dark colour.

  16. #16Catalin922021-10-22 09:51

    Tomorrow I check the oil level again at the transmission, look for the codes and come back with an answer. Thanks so much for your help!

  17. #17ugis2021-10-23 05:19

    You should consider checking injectors if nothing else appears obvious. I have seen very similar dozer behavior with damaged injectors. In my case, at high load the engine rpm dropped and the engine light started flashing. Anyway, the dozer worked well and the active Serv code did not appear.

  18. #18Catalin922021-10-23 08:15

    Hello.. Today I checked the errors, are the same errors as last time nothing changed, the only active error is what the level of fuel in the tank (I think that's why the bulb is on), but I checked the oil level of the transmission and I completed 15litri and things seem to have improved. On Monday I'll do a real test and come back with the answer. Thanks

  19. #19Nige2021-10-23 08:25

    The fuel tank level sensor error is registered by the Monitor System (030), not the Engine Control (036). Therefore it is not likely to be the reason why the Engine Control Fault light is on. I hope that you checked the transmission oil level with the engine running & the transmission in neutral......

  20. #20Catalin922021-10-23 08:38

    I checked the level with the engine running and the transmission on neutral, as for the red lamp I can't explain why it stays on, the errors are all those. I hope that's the problem. Do you have a scheme where the fuel probe is to replace it? What is the total amount of oil in the transmission?

  21. #21Nige2021-10-23 09:07

    That is good. Checking the oil level with the engine stopped can cause the transmission to be over-full. Approximately 122 litres . This includes all the lines, filters, torque converter, and transmission case. If you drain the oil you will NOT get 122 litres out of it. Always fill it using the dipstick, not by pouring in a certain quantity of oil as indicated by the maintenance manual. Here is a Troubleshooting procedure to check the problem. If you want an Electrical Schematic it will require the machine Serial Number to get the correct one (there are about 5 different versions). You may have a wiring fault in which case replacing the sensor will not fix the problem. Only the correct diagnostic procedure will give the answer.Illustrated belkow is the location of the fuel level sensor on the tank.

  22. #22Catalin922021-10-25 04:54

    Hello. I'm back with news. It seems that the machine works well, in maximum load with very very very full blade (almost impossible to advance) the speed is at 1650-1700rpm, and at normal work pushed earth 1850-1900rpm. He had 2 moments when the revs do not increase even with the transmission on neutral, moment carw held 20seconds,then returned to normal. Active errors are not, but the bulb is on. Very strange

  23. #23Nige2021-10-25 06:13

    I agree. Very strange. With a very full blade and the machine forward movement almost stopped, 1600-1700 sounds acceptable for torque converter stall RPM. If on one or two occasions the RPM failed to increase when requested there must be a problem somewhere. If there was no black smoke to accompany this refusal to increase RPM that sounds like a problem in the fuel supply systsm. I know that you changed both the primary and secondary fuel filters but it might pay you to blow out the fuel lines with compressed air and also to drain any water or sediment from the fuel tank. A possibility exists that there may be some contamination in the tank that is moving around and occasionally blocking the fuel feed line. All you can do is continue to monitor the machine performance.

  24. #24Nige2021-10-25 06:20

    A question. You turn on the key, the panel makes the self-test (all lights flash, the warning buzzer sounds, etc) then all the lights except the parking brake light should go off. Does the engine warning light also go off.? If the answer is yes, does the engine warning light come on immediately when you start the engine, or does the machine have to be moving for it to come on.?

  25. #25Catalin922021-10-25 06:23

    Never smoke. We've already done that, we've emptied the tank, we've blown the fuel hose. I'm going to watch how it behaves. Thanks so much for the help,it was of great use to me

  26. #26Catalin922021-10-25 06:26

    Yes the test is done, all the lights turn on, and the buzzer on and the engine bulb goes off. When I start, I accelerate and then it lights up. I will make you a video.

  27. #27Nige2021-10-25 06:59

    I don't think it needs a video. I get it now. 1. The light turns off after the test. 2. When the engine is started and running at idle speed the light stays off. 3. When you accelerate the engine the light comes on.

  28. #28Catalin922021-10-25 07:02

    Yes.

  29. #29Nige2021-10-25 07:25

    Have you tried scrolling through the Diagnostic Codes while the engine malfunction light is on.? Does the SERV CODE light come on for any of the Codes where it would be off when the engine is stopped or idling.?

  30. #30Catalin922021-10-25 07:36

    Yes I tried. And with the bulb on all the same errors display, with SERV CODE for the fuel level sensor.

  31. #31Catalin922021-11-24 04:01

    Hi again. The bulldozer still does not work fail to solve the problem, but now I have an eraore on the active engine 1273.04.Ma can you help locate the problem?

  32. #32Nige2021-11-24 06:32

    1273.04 does not appear on my list of Codes for a D5N. I think there may be a mistake because 1273 refers to the "Chassis Control" on an off-highway truck. Please can you check the Code and confirm, maybe post a photo of the Monitor Panel when the Code is showing. Can you also give the machine Serial Number please. I looked back through all the previous information and did not find it.

  33. #33Catalin922021-11-24 07:14

    I attached the picture with the error and the series of the machine. Unfortunately at this time this error was no longer active, but in the morning it was. In an older comment from you this error was related to the pressure of the turbo.

  34. #34Nige2021-11-24 08:33

    No, that was 273, not 1273. See below from my earlier post. 036 is the engine 273.04 - turbo outlet pressure sensor - voltage below normal I will attach the procedure for 273.04 so that you can checlk the operation of the turbo pressure sensor. I would also suggest to open and inspect all the wiring harness connections between the turbo pressure sensor and the engine control. It would make sense that the engine performance would be affected if the turbo boost pressure could not be measured correctly.

  35. #35Catalin922021-11-24 11:20

    Thank you very much. These days I will check and come back with answer.