Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D5N XL – Right Price

inyati13 ยท 2010-08-23 10:38

What would be a fair price in the mid-west for a D5N XL with 1400 hours in good condition? OROPS. No attachments except 6-way blade. rear screen and sweeps. Has been well maintained. Tractor has been used on a farm. Undercarriage has at least 70 % life left. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1inyati132010-08-23 10:52

    The machine I inquired about just sold. The asking price was $72,000. Still would like feed-back as I am still looking for a D5N or M.

  2. #2CM19952010-08-23 12:37

    I would say "good" price for the machine you describe, should be in the high 60's low 70's for a low hour machine, given the current market. Some have went at auction in the 50's but that is a "right place at the right time" deal. Of course price also depends on what the machine has - cab, rippers, winch etc. Also factor in the distance from you the machine is located as shipping costs can become considerable.

  3. #3inyati132010-08-24 07:16

    CM1995 thanks. The machine I inquired about sold on machinery trader. Which is where I bought mt Cat D3G LGP.

  4. #4CM19952010-08-24 09:38

    No problem. I forgot to ask what you will be doing or foresee doing with the dozer. You may want to demo a D6N, there is quite a difference between the two machines and there are a few nice 6's out there in the '70's. I had a D6N and a friend had a D5N working on the same job a couple of years ago. The 6 is a heavier tractor that you can get the diff steer on and is a larger step up in sizes than say a D4 to a D5. Yet the 6 is still light enough to haul on a 54K tag trailer, although in AL I needed an over wide permit even for the XL version due to the blade hanging off the trailer by 2" or so on each side with the blade angled. I really like my D6N, we moved a lot of dirt with it. Just my $.02.