Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland dozer Useless!?

earthandiron ยท 2010-08-23 09:51

I had the great unfortune to operate two usless New Holland Dozers in my operating career, just wondering if anyone has any good feedback on new holland's earthmoving equipment?

Replies13
  1. #1Abscraperguy2010-08-23 14:36

    I hear you loud and clear. Their dozers leave alot to be desired. Their wheel loaders are ok and their excavators are rebadged Kobelco's I think.

  2. #2powerjoke2010-08-23 14:44

    maybe you guys are being to hard on them,.....NOTHING is useless, maybe you just aint found the right application yet....in this case they make a great battleship ancor :tong lol. I agree they arent the best out there but I would guess they are probably better than a nortrac (northern tool's brand dozer) or something lol Pj

  3. #3L 180 E2010-08-23 15:08

    We have an E 485 excavator, happy with it, 2400 Hours.

  4. #4excavator2010-08-23 17:19

    I've been told they're the same as Case, is that true?

  5. #5watglen2010-08-23 17:44

    ive read on here elsewhere they are underweight. Would more weight fix the problems?

  6. #6CM19952010-08-23 20:39

    Here is the mother of all threads that discusses who makes what excavator. Read carefully, there will be a test afterwards.:cool2

  7. #7earthandiron2010-08-23 21:40

    i agree they are quite a bit underweight, but when is comes to comparing a new holland to a case i would take a new holland... the newer case dozers are a very unpleasant piece of iron to operate.. you can stall it out just by turning it, your constantly gearing up or down its like operating a 18gear truck. i didnt mind the case hoe has much, little to slow for my liking.

  8. #8aongheas.macask2010-08-25 17:47

    Yes,weight is a good attribute in an anchor.

  9. #9Dozerboy2010-08-27 16:44

    I've ran one and it had a cab ac and a radio so I didn't mind it too much.

  10. #10diggerop2010-08-27 17:45

    If being under weight helps make a useless dozer then include the cat D9T. Load up the blade on them and it will just sit there and spin the tracks until you unload the blade a bit and the blade is certainly not over size either.

  11. #11cummins052010-08-28 18:21

    The New holland grader's are a little under powerd and light I wonder if new holland has geared the construction machine's toward the large farm type market

  12. #12surfer-joe2010-08-28 19:00

    I did not like the last D9T that I operated either. The D9R I operated on the same job would run circles around the 9T.

  13. #1302Dmax2010-08-29 12:30

    We had a NH 150B and it was a pretty decent machine until we got about 2,000 hours on it. It went downhill quickly after that. Last summer it spent 3 months in the shop and we put a total of 120 hours on it all year. Finally we just parked it and are currently trying to find something to trade it for. It has the fingertip steering controls and the electronics got a mind of their own last time I loaded it. Luckily I was on a detach but when I got up on the deck it spun to the left very quickly and landed itself out in the road. thats a bad feeling when a machine starts doing things on its own when people and vehicles are very nearby. So my 2 cents is.....they're junk and so are Case's because the newer ones are all the same just in different wrapping.