Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D6 9U Hydraulic Pump Problem

ms0115 ยท 2015-02-24 09:56

The CAT D-6 9U has hydraulic pump number: 25C13969 #46. The hydraulic pump is weak and worn out. Does anyone know of a place to get a new or a good old one Or know of somebody who rebuilds these. Thanks for your help.

Replies10
  1. #1Old Magnet2015-02-24 11:27

    That model uses a 1J783 pump and 1J784 cartridge which is a Vickers #171216. Try Attica Hydraulic, 50650 East Russel Schmidtt, Chesterfield Michigan 58051 Phone 1-800-422-4279 They have (or used to have) an exchange pump program. Have your part numbers ready. Please let us know how this contact works out.

  2. #2ms01152015-02-24 21:58

    Do you have any other suggestions, they said that they could not help us. Thanks for your help.

  3. #3Old Magnet2015-02-24 23:11

    Got a couple more. Try www.proactivefluidpower.com . Located in Clinton Township, Mi. 800-398-5733. They claim to have Vickers Cartridge Kits and parts back in to the 1930's If no luck try www.tractorparts.com (Idaho) for used.

  4. #4ms01152015-02-26 18:12

    Thank you for the phone numbers and the help you provided. The only one of the numbers that said that the could help was proactivefluidpower.com and they stated that they need a picture even though we provided numbers, which I do not understand. However the machine is about 60 miles from me and they are still trying to use it, so I very well can not take it out of service to take a picture. Any suggestions? Thanks.

  5. #5Old Magnet2015-02-26 19:34

    Maybe they are looking for a parts diagram???

  6. #6Metal Gear2016-09-12 17:32

    D6-9u hydraulic pump... Hi I need and Hydraulic pump to replace my old one from my CAT D6 9U serial (my son send my hydraulic pump parts to trash) so now I need a new one kit to finish the replacement... Dear Old Magnet do you have the part diagram for my hydraulic pump? I remember it was a Vickers but the other parts are missing... thanks

  7. #7Old Magnet2016-09-12 20:26

    The 48Cxxxx Hydraulic Control is a 100gpm pump arrangement for the D7 & D8, not the D6. The D6 unit is a 25Cxxxx 70gpm unit. Uses a different pump body, cartridge and valve.

  8. #8Metal Gear2016-09-13 22:50

    Any Diagram of parts for this Hydraulic Control? Thanks for your fast response... do you have any diagrams and info for the 48Cxxxx Hydraulic Control? I understand that this hydraulic system is for a D7 or D8 as you say... but with this is equipped my dozer, so I need to locate and replace the parts...any more info will be useful thanks in advance! Cterpillar D6 9U Control HXDR 4809417 Model 46 valves 100 GPM at 1200 RPM

  9. #9Old Magnet2016-09-14 11:23

    I'd suggest you purchase the parts book, there are several diagrams involved. Only $10.16 with free shipping http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Ca...hash=item27c82703cd:m:mNUERzm8yvcb_7j0wxgkVww Unfortunately the supply of parts is difficult. You can use the cat numbers to try and find replacements but the only source I know for the old Vickers parts requires the Vickers part number off the old parts to identify them.

  10. #10Dutchcat2016-09-14 12:20

    In the land of the caterpillar they only drive around in old junkers Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk