So I rescued this D6 Saturday before the scrap man got to it. Not in bad shape other than a hole in the block. Anybody got a lead on a D318? D6’s, 12 graders, DW10 and other power units used them. Heck I’d take a complete parts machine if it wasn’t too far away. Hour meter says 0405 for what that’s worth lol.
There is someone on the grader forum looking for a D318 engine, seem as though they are hard to come by. FWD
I’d be stepping over them if I didn’t need one lol. Worst case I’ll fix what I have. I’ve made use of worse!
That is an easy fix, just sheet metal. Maybe the rest is not bad as well? Look, and more pics of the inside.
More than likely I’ll zip that cover off and see what’s in there. I’m a hoarder by nature so I need spares! lol
It would make for great entertainment to have two fierce members duke it out over a decent running D318. Could be an epic thread in the making. The dozer looks pretty good. Is that your truck and like new trailer?
That break in the block looks like a big smile. Its saying "Fix me"
I know where there is an old D6 setting in the weeds. I know nothing of the tractor but am familiar with the owner. Threw a track and still sets right there as of last fall. Farmer owned and I get the impression ran till it didn't. Be down to our property within the next month and will rattle that cage if needed then.
If i had known that running D318’s were in short supply, I wouldn’t have sold my old #12 for $1500
I've recently watched several go cheap on purple wave. Funny how that works lol
It’s as if we’re being taunted lol
I've got a D-318 taken out of a crane, stored inside, runs good. I want $2500 for it. It's in eastern NC TJMcK
So what does it look like with the plate off?
I don't know. I've never had a reason to remove it.
BTW, it is a power unit, from radiator to pto , and has been converted to direct electric start .
I’ve yet to touch that dozer since I drug it home. Could be full of diamonds or Hoffa’s final resting place. Who knows haha
Really? So you have the dozer with the hole in the plate? Lets see there should be the cast iron block window that the plate covers and the internal crank chain or train components. I was curious if the block was damaged from the broken what ever that poked the hole in the plate.