My Cat has the left brake pedal stuck almost to the floor. I can pull on it and it moves back under force, but springs right back as soon as I let go. Obviously the brakes on the left track are engaged and it wants to go in circles. Any idea why the pedal would suddenly stick to the floor and what I can do to fix it? Thanks!
Not familar with the machine but I'd look for a broken spring that returns the pedal.
Under the fuel tank (accessable from the back) and left of center will be a small cover. Approx. 4 by 6 inches in size with 4 to 6 bolts in it. This is the service cover for the brake. Remove the cover and get an eyeball in there to see if you can see anything. Disconnect the pin from the linkage on your brake pedal and see if you can trace to the problem..... Gramps
Thanks for the suggestions grandpa and DPete. I'll give it a look.
Ah... you didn't happen to buy that machine from the guy that made post #3, by chance??? Wait, wait, what am I thinkin'... my mistake. There'd already be a couple big rusty springs wired from the pedals to the seat frame. And, I know you didn't see any old horse shoes between the track adjuster cylinder and the front idler... right? Yeah... couldn't a been his. Again, my mistake... OCR... :lmao
Ocr you old contankerous coot. You are being your old normal self. Its good to see your still alive.
Cat D6B Stuck Left Brake Pedal: Thanks, grandpa... OCR
I'm not sure what model your on but some of the older ones, that have the parking brake lever on your right, right beside the seat, sometimes the return spring for the parking brake will pop off and the parking brake will set on that side. If you take off the seat, on the right hand side (when your standing there looking down under the seat) you'll see a rod that comes all the way across with a cotter key hole on the end, the spring goes on there and is secured with a new pin. I've had em lokk up on me goin pretty fast down a slope and it'll about spin you all the way around if you ain't paying attention. IDK hope this helps. Bird
If its not the peddle locking park brake as BigBird has posted, the Brake Band or link is snapped, the cause might be more in depth though did the peddle pulse or ride up and down when it was working???
Check to see if the adjuster screw has become detached from the brake band or anchor bracket.