Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat D6c

beandrew ยท 2009-01-10 21:51

Hey guys I wondering if anybody have or know where a guy could get some engine enclosurers for my D6c. The other day I had a fire in the engine compartment due to dry corn shuck blowing in and getting hot. It would be great if i could find a pair at a reasonable price because my d6c is a really nice machine for a 1968 10k340. It's got a cab and ripper and i just put a root rake on it she doesnt even hardly use any oil my dad really likes running it. Hell we even got a komatsu d65-15 and he wont run it :beatsme

Replies10
  1. #1Neil D2009-01-16 14:06

    D6c enclosures Try Kenco mfg of Ohlahoma Neil

  2. #2metman332009-01-16 15:49

    Diamond Manufacturing does them too. Atoka, OK Steve E

  3. #3AtlasRob2009-01-16 16:00

    :notworthy wow you got some serious contacts Neil I thought about some possible UK ones but decided against

  4. #4beandrew2009-01-17 19:12

    thanks guys i will give them a call monday

  5. #5Cmark2009-01-20 02:21

    I used to make them myself. With some 50x6mm flat bar, some perforated sheet steel and basic workshop tools it's surprisingly easy to make a good looking job.

  6. #6Neil D2009-01-21 17:54

    Kenco Atlas Rob, I needed EROPS cabs for 3 627B's so the guys I bought my D9 off recommended Kenco-so I surfed the net to see if they had a website. I rang them and found them to be brilliant to deal with when I lifted the cabs from the docks in Belfast and brought them home I found them to be really high quality. I cannot recommend Kenco Mfg highly eneogh! Neil

  7. #7AtlasRob2009-01-22 13:26

    Nice result Neil :drinkup I was suprised that you had a contact to recommend so far away. Internet makes this world a very small place now. :notworthy

  8. #8rickfind2009-01-22 16:29

    engine enclosures i have a used set off of a 10k7000 series. they were installed new just weekw before catching fire. one is slightly warped but could be straightened easily. sell worth the money located in nw mo. [email protected]

  9. #9beandrew2009-01-24 17:48

    i sent you a email rickfind

  10. #10dblaneyfan2009-01-26 10:46

    Try "Ironpeddlers of Monroe". We use them for a lot of used, new surplus, and aftermarket parts.