Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d6c left brake pulsing

MattR ยท 2021-07-13 06:33

Hi. I have a cat d6c 10K series. The left brake has started to pulse against my foot. We had a tractor some years back that did this and I don't remember what the cause was. That was a d7e. Can someone refresh me and what is causing this? Bad brake lining? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Chrisso2021-07-13 07:45

    By no means an expert on these but in theory yes brake lining failure, possibly broken rivets causing a loose shoe or two is the first thing that comes to mind, basically any mechanical failure down there would result in direct pedal feedback. Does the steering feel ok?

  2. #2MattR2021-07-13 08:06

    Yes the steering feels good

  3. #3.RC.2021-07-13 20:03

    Drum out of round for some reason.

  4. #4tctractors2021-07-14 01:48

    Pulse effect on Brake application would tend to indicate top pinion bearing issue's. tctractors

  5. #5MattR2021-07-14 06:42

    That's along the lines of what I'm thinking. I'm pretty sure that was the case with our d7e as well

  6. #6Dave Neubert2021-07-14 16:29

    Check and see if your final drive is over full on that side if the bearing has gone out it will get the seal and transfer oil. better do the bevel gear bearings and clutch seals wile in there

  7. #7MattR2021-07-14 16:38

    I'm pretty sure you're right on. Yes it is over full. Been for a while