I have a qurestion on my CAT D6D, serial number is 20x04433 hydraulic pump started to cativate quite suddenly. When this happens the machine moves slow, or not at all... Fluids in tranny and hydraulics are all full. I removed the inline filter on the hydraulics yesterday and ran it for a bit without it. Cavitation was better, but still there. Any suggestions on what to look at next? It has the 3x3 powershift tranny. I was wondering if there was a screen somewhere in the tranny or hydraulic loop, or if maybe the parking brake could be locked up? Parkin g brake lever is not engaged but it is acting like the brakes are still engaged??? Any help would be much appreciated.
Have you inspected the suction side of the pump - hose clamps, O-Rings, gaskets, etc, etc.? Anywhere where the pump is sucking.
Have not - I will do that. I think the parking brake is not releasing now either - would that cause this to happen? I've released the locking hand,e but I don't think the brakes released. Internal on my machine?