Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

So how come moderators can reply to for sale ads, but no one else can?

crane operator ยท 2020-07-29 22:26

Somebody is working on a sweetheart deal just because they are a moderator. I try to reply to the post- and all I get is a little line in the bottom right corner that says I "have insufficient privileges to reply here". The injustice- don't they even read the rules around here? I'm thinking about burning down my neighborhood because of it..... CM1995 is probably not wearing a mask when he runs that 953 either

Replies9
  1. #1crane operator2020-07-29 22:33
  2. #2Tinkerer2020-07-29 22:40

    "burn down the neighborhood" Tooooo funny CO !! Thanks for the laugh. If you read Steve's posting guide lines, he laid it on the line. I think it is to prevent bidding wars and bad feelings between members.

  3. #3Welder Dave2020-07-29 22:48

    It will be even more suspect when an ad is posted with a higher price by a new owner with privileges.

  4. #4crane operator2020-07-29 22:48

    Okay so I've run some of my own magic in the system, and got my own pictures of the lube trailer. No way is CM1995 getting this one away from me! Moderator - Shmmmoderatttttor---- I've got it bid up to $1850. Lets see him top that.

  5. #5Vetech632020-07-30 07:14

    It looks like a tailgating smoker.

  6. #6AzIron2020-07-30 15:49

    Seems like a sketchy thing to sell equipment on the internet like who would use such services

  7. #7CM19952020-07-30 20:25

    Geeze all I was trying to do was help a fellow HEF member out... That's a pretty good red angry smiley face on that screen shot but your arrow could use a little fine tuning. BTW - did he ever post any pics?

  8. #8Tinkerer2020-07-30 21:14

    Very clever wording for the "lube trailer" ad, CO.

  9. #9crane operator2020-07-31 07:37

    Compliment my artwork all you want (although the comments are nice- no one appreciates fine art any more) , I'm not forgetting about your rulebreaking ways. And no- no pictures of the trailer. There are no rewards for people that skirt around the rules.