Hey everyone I’m new to this forum. Recently purchased a Cat D6D 4X serial #. I was told that it had steering problems previous owner said it just started steering on its own. He took it to Caterpillar and they told him roughly $60k to fix the issue. However I got it home and checked it out. The drive shaft and torque converter yoke were out. Transmission hoses were missing, and the magnetic filter and transmission filter were all missing. I was in the process of putting it back together to see what was going on as I have very little info. However when I put the yoke and driveshaft in there is almost 1/2” gap between the yoke and drive shaft and neither yoke will pull out any to be able to get the driveshaft tighten in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Torque shaft should move possible since they had yoke off torque shaft seal ring went past the seal surface try turning it while putting light outward pressure on it
I was thinking I think you should loosen the yoke bolt too might have caught rollers in the bearing
Thank you, I will try doing this over the weekend and report back.
I loosed the yoke alittle and then tighten the driveshaft and the yoke popped back out. Was loud but it is working now. Adjusted the brakes and working now. Thanks!