I have a d6h for about year now an has done a great job. But recently the transmission oil cooler busted an filled the trans up with water.. I replaced with cat reman ,changed oil , cleaned, three screen's an filter several times, now oil heats up after about 3 hours pushing..water temp stays consistent, ive checked torque relief an inlet pressure an are in line, did stall test an pulled out scavenging screen an got about 1.5 gal out, took off cooler line's an checked for restriction, just dosnt seem like oil is flowing thru cooler, wondering where it go's after it leaves cooler into transmission is there anything I can check there.. thanks for any help you can offer
How hot is "heats up" ?
All the way to right of gauge. But doesn't really cool down once it gets hot.
Was it getting hot before the reman cooler was fitted? Or just taking coolant into the transmission?
No it didnt start heating up until cooler busted.
I'd be having a good look at the reman cooler
That's the second one I've put on with no change
Check the cooler lines for a plastic plug left in some place. You can check flow by feeling the cooler lines, if you have no flow the line from cooler to trans will not get hot. The Ratio Valve (Torque inlet) in the trans valve could be stuck open, It's to protect the convertor from blowing up with cold oil. Later Bob
I've had cooler line's off looking for blockage. I'll check ratio valve thanks
Whats your trans lube pressure at. I think it goes from the cooler to lube. If lube pressure is good it means cooler flow is good.
What is the pump pressure at full throttle and low idle? Check in all gears and check in neutral with park brake on and off at low idle. Come back with your numbers. Later Bob
Ok ill check those when I get it put back together.. I went ahead an took the pump an torque relief valve off to have them checked .. when the oil leaves the cooler back to trans my manual says something about a orifice plate for lube is that something I can check.. thanks
Does your engine oil cooler stack in front of the transmission oil cooler?
me too have the same problem for the same model. i will try to cure by your method and reply soon