Ran dozers for years but new to the h series never had a machine stall tracks any help on where to start would be appreciated s/n 4rc-00538
Tracks stalling in 1st speed forward I assume.? Pull up the floor plate. When the tracks stall is the drive shaft between the converter and the transmission turning or stopped.?
Great idea I’ll check that I’m guessing that will tell me rather converter or not and I guess I’m assuming correctly that they shouldn’t stall just keep digging
If the shaft keeps turning you have one or more transmission clutches slipping.
I finally got her back to work and I got all the gauges working so drive shaft stops spinning and the trans temp is 210 pushing 220 I’m not sure what the temp should be
Engine down on hp? Some problem causing the brakes to apply? Torque converter issues?
Not sure it does bog good when I stall it but tach so idk did put new turbo on it I don’t think brakes are a issue it free rolls easily so I guess you think pressure test should be next? And trans running around 20 25 degrees over engine temp normal or is that high?
So that proves the transmission clutches are not slipping for a start. "trans temp 210 pushing 220" doing what.? All the time or that's the max it gets to while pushing dirt then backs off a hair while reversing.? It's normal for the trans (actually converter outlet) temperature to go up while pushing then drop back slightly as soon as the load comes off and the cooler passes heat to the engine coolant. Sounds about right. If engine coolant temp is about 85-90 DegC then TC out temp at 100-115 DegC is not far off. Maybe torque converter pressure tests next. Post a Serial Number, I'll look up the specs. What oil are you using in the power train BTW.? Care to explain why.?
Where the other dozers you ran direct drive? A dozer with a torque converter will stop if there too much load.
The material you're working in makes a difference too.
Just pushing small trees and cleaning up no real heavy pushing I’ll find out what it’s doing when I get to the next job s/n is 4th-00538 unsure on oil I haven’t changed it but knowing the guy that had it I would guess cat oil but I don’t know how old the oil is so I think I’ll go ahead and change it I didn’t want to waste the money on oil if I had a major problem as far as turbo I had to put a new exhaust manifold on because original one was Warped and leaking and discovered the turbo was leaking oil in the intake
I was raised in a jd 850c and up so all hydrostatic trans
Sorry s/n is 4rc-00538
I was more interested in the type and viscosity of oil in the transmission, not suggesting that you should change it. TO-4 SAE30 or SAE50.? Next step would be test converter pressures. Specifications are:- Inlet pressure - 100+/-10psi at engine High Idle RPM in neutral with cold oil. Outlet pressure - 60+/-10psi with all systems at normal operating temperature, engine at full throttle, and the converter stalled against the brakes with the transmission in 3rd speed forward.