Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6 9U hydraulic cylinder not holding

Tcantwell · 2024-05-31 21:02

I have a 64 9U that has an issue with the left blade cylinder. When I raise the blade to the top of stroke it is level but when I release the hand lever the left side drops. This makes it impossible to do any level work. We have had both cylinders rebuilt. Does anyone know if the control valve has a separate spool valve for each cylinder or if they are both fed from one pressure port on the control valve. It is a #46 hydraulic system.

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-06-01 01:56

    I think your D6 is more likely a 54.

  2. #2Tcantwell2024-06-01 08:23

    That’s very likely. I’m not really sure.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-06-01 22:05

    My book doesn't go back far enough but if you post the serial number I'm sure someone will know the year.

  4. #4Tcantwell2024-06-02 07:33

    9U21927

  5. #5Old Magnet2024-06-02 13:03

    9U21927 is a 1956 model, late enough to have the Direct Electric Start Provision to mount the starter. You need to get a copy of this manual. It has the full description of the #46 Hydraulic Control