036 0042.11 036 0091.02 Can anyone ID these. Thank You.
One of these is injection actuation controll valve. Anyone have diagnostics on this thing. Thank you.
There is no procedure for troubleshooting a Logged (inactive as per your description.?) Code as opposed to an Active one. If the Codes are Logged then you should be able to erase them. Have you checked out the Click Box thread in Shop Talk..? Using the information in that thread should help you. HeavyEquipmentForums To troubleshoot a Code requires it to be active. MID036 CID0042 FMI11 - Injection Actuation Control Valve Open/Short The Electronic Control Module (ECM) detects one of the following conditions: Open circuit Short to ground Short to +Battery Short across the solenoid of the IACV when the engine is running MID036 CID0091 FMI02 - Incorrect Throttle Switch Inputs, The signal from the throttle switch is invalid. The desired engine speed is set to 1000 rpm, unless the actual engine speed is below 1000 rpm. If the actual engine speed is below 1000 rpm, the desired engine speed is set to the current engine speed. The ECM ignores the throttle input signals until the engine control is placed in the OFF position.
Thank you. I ran the machine yesterday for about 30 minutes. Towards the end of the 30 minute i shifted for a faster travel speed . Then the "!" .flashed off and on ?
When you first turn on the key, do ALL the warning lights on the dash flash and does the buzzer sound.? The reason I ask is that generally their ought to be another warning light on at the same time as the Caution (!) Light is flashing. To get into more detail a Serial Number would help.
Do you know where the ECM is located . I guess the actuator is intermittently shorting . Looks like the actuator might be behind the cross over pipe . Guess I wl run it a little tomarrow.
When I start, I don't get a fault. But when the fault occured, I got a warning light followed by a second flashing caution light.
Serial number ALY02428.
OK, so which warning light (from #5 thru #14) was it that came on along with the Caution Light.?
13 followed by 1 shortly after
13 is the engine electronic system. So maybe you're right regarding the two Codes you posted in your OP. Question: Does the SERV CODE icon in the window below the warning lights also illuminate while #1 & #13 are on..?
I have read the click box thread. Just ran again and it faulted . Only two same codes logged.
I did not notice the serv code in the window. But I was looking at the flashing lights. Also light nine was flashing.
Try using the info from the Click Box thread to erase all the Logged Codes in the Monitor. Run the machine again and if the warning light #13 goes off again see if the CID0042 FMI11 or the CID0091 FMI02 Codes return. Also keep an eye open for the SERV CODE icon lighting up. Low fuel pressure warning. Try changing the fuel filters.
I ordered a Injection Actuation Control Valve. I wounder if it malfunctioning could cause the light nine to illuminate. Read up a little on the IACV. Seems a logical step to change it out since it logged the code. I dont have a click box so I will let the codes accumulate. I assume the "!" Light means a code was logged. Since I have no new codes , I assume the same codes are re occurring. But not sure.
The IACV has a fair bit of corrosion. . This machine sat a long time. Maybe internal corrosion issues with the injection system?
If you go to the last page of the Click Box thread there are instructions for erasing Codes using nothing more than a couple of short pieces of automotive wire and three Deutsch connector sockets. For a one-off situation like yours a Click Box is not required. By the sounds of it an Operation & Maintenance Manual would help you. The Cat reference is SEBU7417 if you want to look online, or you can download a pdf copy of the latest update from Cat for $49.
I have the operation and maintenace manual. What would be helpful would be a service manual. I need to understand the relation ship between light 9 and the Injection preasure valve. I think the IPV meters the hydralic preasure powers the injection pump. I assume if the IPV is failing to supply adequate hydralic preasure then this could trigger warning light 9. If I had a schematic or order of op info maybe I could learn more. Thank You.
You need to be looking for Cat Publication reference RENR5235. https://www.ebay.com/p/19003936276 Attached is the SysOp for the Fuel System.
replaced the IPV valve. No luck. Getting low fuel preassure warning light 9 and light 13. Also the ! Symbol illuminating . Filters are new. . Drats.
I am not get SERV code on the display.
Nige Thank you for the fuel system information.
Little late but now I rember a the cat tech pulling the plug on the injection preashure valve. That why the logged code but now serv. On the display. Nige, now I get why you kept asking if I saw serv on the display. That code was not reoccurring. I pulled the fuel preasure regulator of the back of the head. Screen is clear. I plan on replacing the regulator. Return line seems flow OK. After that I will put clean fuel straight to the bost pump.
Connected direct to tank fitting with clear line. Lots of air in the line.
Better pic
Air cleared up after I gave it a little mote time. I belive then fuel.issue wasù a combination of a kinked fuel line where it comes around the primary filter and a lose/improper pipe clamp at the tank to filter hose connection. For the first time , i pushed dirt about 30 minutes . Ran fine no issues. Thank You